This week, we made the executive decision to highlight one of our own for the street girl of the week – Rebecca. Rebecca is a student at the University of California Berkeley studying here in Paris for her junior year abroad and likes to think of herself as someone who devotes a lot of her time and life to fashion. This weekend Rebecca was in Amsterdam where she sported this chic look – I like to call it a blue story.
In this photo, Rebecca is wearing an amazing Sandro sweater that pulls her entire outfit together. With the touch of accessories from her radiant sunglasses and mysterious socks paired with the loafers we get a very relaxed yet extremely stylish look from her.
Here are a few questions we asked Rebecca about her dedication to fashion and her clever insight:
who is your favorite designer
- “Dries Van Noten”
who is your fashion inspiration
- “Leandra Medin from the man repeller, Mary Kate and ashley Olsen, and Grace Cottington”
Where is your favorite pace to shop
- the bon marche, tom greyhound (yet i cannot afford anything)
Where is your favorite spot in Paris
- Parc Monceau, its pretty to run and sit in
How has the transition of LA fashion to Paris fashion effected you
- LA is a lot more lax in some ways and not in other ways. Paris is a lot more conservative for color and skin you would show but LA style has more relaxed fits because of the weather and culture. But the biggest transition has been from Berkeley style to Paris style because Berkeley is so laid back with flip flops and Birkenstocks to school and I think the paris fashion police would murder me if i tried to wear flip flops to school.
Why did you decide to come to paris?
- well i really wanted to work on my french and become more comfortable speaking french after studying it for years and the fashion I love fashion and being around it every day has changed my style completely.
I asked these certain questions to Rebecca because i wanted to see and understand the difference between her native style to her style here which she has said has changed completely due to the style rituals here. Her style in this photo from this trip exemplifies a lot of 50’s emotions with the round hoop glasses and the oversized sweater and the loafers with the “mom jeans”. I think this looks embodies a lot of the french culture and speaks to how her fashion has changed over the course of her time here being a dedicated fashionista. She says this looks embodies her favorite inspiration, Man Repeller (Leandra Medine) with the sense of funk and color that she mostly embodies in her posts.